Some years ago, I was standing in front of this famous Van Gogh Painting “Stary Night”. (It is in the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam). I remember standing amongst a crowd of other people and being totally under its strange and fascinating spell. I remember thinking “that’s so simple I could paint that!”. Years later I tried, and tried, and tried, and although some of my work was passable, I could never capture the movement, colour, and mood his painting drew from me. (Incidentally, the view is from his asylum window, so he was quite mad at the time.)
And strangely this relates to Real Estate sales. If you asked me today “Why would I use you , what can you do for me that I cannot do for myself?” or “What makes you different from any other agent?” I would have difficulty answering. I could give you all the standard marketing, knowledge and negotiating answers, but that is not really any different from what anyone else would say. What I have is 35 years of Real Estate sales experience and that has built a set of skills and a special kind of instinct.
- It is not what I do, so much as when I do it.
- It is not closing the sale but knowing when and how to close it to your advantage.
- It is not simply negotiating the price, but knowing how to read the other party, so that I know what their top dollar is before they know.
- It is not simply marketing your property through the various mediums but knowing how to target the right buyers and how to enhance and showcase your home’s special features and benefits.
- It is not simply getting an offer on your property, but how to add value and desire to your home so that you get the best market price.
- It is not about just knowing the market today but being able to guide you through what is going to happen tomorrow.
Based on my extensive experience I have a proven track record of getting the best price, far in excess of the fees you pay..
So call me if you are thinking of selling your property.